Saturday, January 9, 2010

Humble Beginnings Part II

Okay, so you've seen my set of heroes from LNoE. Now it gets fun. I basically accomplished what I wanted to; to make the miniatures different enough to tell one from another on the game board. BUT I WANTED MORE. More paints, more minis. So even though this wasn't necessary in a practical sense, I decided to paint the 14 zombies that also came with the game. I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a handful of Testors' Model Masters pots; yucky colors and a skin tone (because mixing a satisfactory one up from basic colors was a pain in the arse).

Since this is pic-heavy, I won't talk a whole lot in this post. I'll just let you know that there are 14 zombies, 7 green zombies and 7 brown zombies. My friend Austin told me about converting miniatures into different poses (I really didn't know anything about the art at this point) so I got pretty enthusiastic with that; I also tried my first few washes (by just thinning down paint mixes). This was a really fun experience that got me wanting to learn more. I started looking at CMoN and eventually got some 40k figs and started a paintin'! Enjoy.

The 7 Green Zombies

The first zombie I painted!

I sometimes get overenthusiastic with blood.

Simple conversion! This zombie's lost her arms!

Crawler conversion inspired by CoD:WaW Nazi Zombies.

I tried to take a chunk out of her leg and cut out a bone to be sticking out with my exacto knife; it kind of worked?

This one was fun; his skull, shoulder and forearm have been severed with some sharp object. Brains, bone and limb show.

Lunging crawler a la CoD:WaW.

The 7 Brown Zombies.

Simple conversion; am I losing steam?

I thought zombies were supposed to die by decapitation!

This zombie is holding a leg, which she has been munching on. This quite possibly could be her own.


Okay, I think here I was going for some kind of Resident Evil mutated zombie form. Or I just really like Goro from Mortal Kombat... with 2 heads?


1 comment:

  1. I like the one with the brains showing. :)

    ReplyDelete